Wednesday 7 May 2014

Frankfurt School

Hi everyone! Today I have to prepare my oral presentation for next week. The presentation supposed to be related with my career, what is a little difficult, because I have a lot of theme to choose.

I’m going to talk about the Frankfurt School, a group of social scientist, mostly sociologist and psychologist, that is inspired by the ideas of Hegel, Marx and Freud principally, been one of the most important current of the Neo-Marxism and funder of the critic theory. Its name came from the Frankfurt city in Germany, because they start working at the University of that city at the beginning of the twenty century.

I will start talking about the school in general, its foundation and they principal ideas. Then I will explain they principal exponents and they principal dissident.


I choose this topic because the Frankfurt School have a lot of influence in the development of the sociology of the last period and because is one of my favourite current. I want to study more of them and this is a good opportunity of learn more about it. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great topic, I´m from sociology and I know that this school was and is very important to this discipline, because talk about the irratinality of modern rationality, like the holocaust.
    I want to listen you next week !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that the name is not so original (: but i think it will be very interesting your presentation

    ReplyDelete